Design is what makes a data visualization pop. Without implementing conscious design choices, data can be misunderstood, misidentified, or simply missed. Fortunately, there are certain design principles that you can apply to your next dashboard or data visualization that will not only look pleasing, but help your audience easily understand the metrics behind your masterpiece.
What are these principles, you ask? Check out our newest infographic and learn how you can craft a compelling data picture with eight fundamental design concepts.
Click below for an enlarged version of the infographic:
Like what you see? Click below to share the infographic on Twitter!Fundamental Principles for Data Visualization Design #dataviz #design #infographic pic.twitter.com/dHSDWt5ABs Click To Tweet
- 1.Quick Tip: Matching Colors = Effective Branding
- 2.Color Your Data
- 3.Data Visualization and the 9 Fundamental Design Principles
- 4.Neuroaesthetics and Informative Art
- 5.Painting by Numbers: Designing Your Data Picture
- 6.Developing Your (Color) Palette
- 7.Get Inspired: 19 Inspiring Data Viz Designs
- 8.INFOGRAPHIC: Fundamental Principles for Data Visualization Design
Get the Guide Psychology of Data Vizualization
Take a primer in cognitive psychology, the science of perception, and neuroaesthetics and learn how to make dashboards even more effective.