Design is what makes a data visualization pop. Without implementing conscious design choices, data can be misunderstood, misidentified, or simply missed. Fortunately, there are certain dashboard design principles that you can apply to your next data visualization that will not only look pleasing but also help your audience easily understand the metrics behind your masterpiece.
What are these fundamentals of data visualization, you ask? Check out our newest infographic of design principles to learn how you can craft a compelling data picture with eight fundamental concepts.
Click below for an enlarged version of the infographic:
Like what you see? Click below to share the infographic on Twitter!Fundamental Principles for Data Visualization Design #dataviz #design #infographic pic.twitter.com/dHSDWt5ABs Click To Tweet
- 1.Quick Tip: Matching Colors = Effective Branding
- 2.Color Your Data
- 3.Data Visualization and the 9 Fundamental Design Principles
- 4.Neuroaesthetics and Informative Art
- 5.Painting by Numbers: Designing Your Data Picture
- 6.Developing Your (Color) Palette
- 7.Get Inspired: 19 Inspiring Data Viz Designs
- 8.INFOGRAPHIC: Fundamental Principles for Data Visualization Design