The healthcare industry is increasingly dependent on accurate, timely data in order to meet government standards and work towards improvement goals. Many hospitals, surgical centers and emergency services providers have unique needs and a complicated organizational structure, which means there are many people who need to understand many different sets of data.
Risk management and service quality are considerations with uniquely serious ramifications in the health care industry. The stakes are high when it comes to patient outcomes; and with compensation tied directly to certain industry key performance indications (KPIs), there is a vital need to provide practitioners with rapid and actionable insights.
There is no shortage of data in the healthcare industry. But there is a shortage of understanding and contextualization of the data being collected.
How can we help find the important connections that exist between disparate data sources? How can decision-makers at healthcare organizations drilldown into their data more efficiently and effectively to make better business decisions?
Healthcare dashboards provide a visual centric method for contextualizing data, increasing the visibility of and emphasis on KPIs while promoting transparency within a hospital of healthcare facility.
Examples of healthcare dashboards we have designed for clients and metrics measured include:
- Clinical Dashboards can be used to measure nursing unit censuses, current patient loads for emergency rooms and bed occupancy rates. These dashboards can also help you track public health outbreaks, like the current flu epidemic, to better plan staffing needs.
- Hospital Dashboards assist your organization in tracking admissions and ER wait times. These include dashboards that highlight departmental spending, quarterly income and cost of care, helping everyone in the hospital work toward financial goals.
- Patient Dashboards make it possible to see the average length of stay for patients, total numbers of current patients and lab turnaround time.
- Physician Dashboards can help physicians track their number of patients, patient satisfaction and number of new patients, all in real-time.
- Quality & Risk Management Dashboards can help monitor and simplify complex compliance issues. These dashboards assist you in managing core quality metrics, patient safety data and comparing internal performance versus industry benchmarks.
By implementing data visualization healthcare dashboards, employees in various positions can all access the same data and understand how it affects their department. In a complex industry like healthcare, being able to make more informed decisions is a vital part of a successful business strategy.