Create a paperless office, recycle, use more natural light, print only bare minimums, and utilize internet-based conferencing; these are just some of the initiatives that companies are implementing in an effort to go green. Not only do these items help save the planet, but they can also save money and time while increasing efficiency. But shockingly, nearly 80% of an organization’s processes are still being managed on paper!Shockingly, nearly 80% of an organization’s processes are still being managed on paper! Click To Tweet
Even still, once a company has implemented all of the green projects on their list, executives may still find themselves searching for more ways to have a positive effect on their bottom line. So, what are other ways to incorporate environmentally sustainable practices? The answer: business intelligence dashboards. At first glance, dashboards may simply look like a high-tech presentation tool that can be used to display a company’s key metrics, but it is also a great way to go green.
Save Resources – Presentation of Dashboards
- Having access to all of the company’s key metrics in a visual format that is digitally accessible by employees, and customers, eliminates paper reports.
- Live, digital dashboards won’t get outdated – unlike the paper reports that become stale the moment you pull them.
- You’ll never lose or misplace a report again! According to PricewaterhouseCoopers, finding a lost document will cost a company $122 on average. On top of that, 7.5% of all company documents are lost completely!
Save Time – KPI Monitoring
- With the ability to closely monitor key performance indicators (KPIs), you can reward or react when necessary, allowing a company to become more proactive than reactive.
- No one will need to manually copy and paste data in Excel from separate data sources. Instead, dashboards can sync with your current data systems.
- Digital reports and dashboards save you more time than you think. It will automatically refresh the data and you’ll no longer have to search through folders and old reports. Believe it or not, it’s estimated that the average employee spends 20% of their time searching for documents. Imagine the savings!
- Employees will be more prepared and will have more productive meetings as they have 24/7 access to their KPIs.
- No one needs to waste hours sifting through reports and re-pulling the same data.
- Everyone has access to live interface that shows how the employee is doing in relation to their personal and company goals.
Do the math. Let’s say an employee makes $20 per hour and spends one hour each day on filing – they are wasting over 250 hours and $5,000 annually! But here at iDashboards, we’ve heard this story time and time again. And we’ve been privileged to see our customers overcome these challenges and go green.
Now is your chance to implement business intelligence dashboards and save the planet – as well as your money and time. We guarantee that in just a short amount of time, you’ll see how dashboards foster many environmentally sustainable practices.
Want to learn more about digital reporting? Check out our guide, Everything You Need to Know About Dashboards.