iDashboards is one of the fastest growing software companies in the space of Business Intelligence (BI) software. We offer a “best of breed” dashboard application for business intelligence and corporate performance management. Using cutting edge Flash technology, our dashboard software is the most visually impressive BI dashboard solution on the market. Check out http://www.idashboards.com/ for an interactive demo. Our customers include NASA, US Navy, Lockheed Martin, Johnson Controls, GE, Georgia Pacific, Unisys and many more.
We have an immediate opening for a Technical Consultant/Pre-Sales Engineer with experience supporting the technical pre-sales and post-sales of an enterprise-class software package. We are experiencing exceptional growth and are currently looking for the right people to grow with us. Specific areas of responsibility include:
Onsite consulting engagements with iDashboards customers. Typical engagements include:
• iDashboards application installation, working with Java application servers, relational databases and ODBC/JDBC drivers.
• Working with customers to analyze and learn their Key Performance Indicator (KPI) data and creatively designing dashboards that “tell the story” of this data.
• Training customers on the iDashboards application as well as the dashboard design process.
• Collecting and formatting KPI data from multiple data sources, including Excel data manipulation and SQL query creation for data extraction from databases.
• Project managing the complete engagement while confidently managing changing customer expectations and unexpected roadblocks.
Office-based technical pre-sales activities. Typical activities include:
• Leading product demos for prospects and assisting the Sales team with client presentations.
• Acting as the primary technical resource on prospect calls, addressing all technical questions regarding the iDashboards application, installation and integration.
• Providing remote and onsite product training to customers and new iDashboards staff.
• Development of creative proof-of-concept dashboards using client data and presenting back to the client.
• Creating and maintaining product documentation and whitepapers.
• Contributing feedback and ideas to help facilitate the continued growth of the iDashboards Professional Services departments.
The ideal candidate is intelligent, well presented, articulate, confident and honest, with a sense of humor. He or she will have a positive outlook, be proactive and eager to learn. Other requirements include:
• Enthusiasm for travel up to 60% within North America.
• 5+ years of software pre-sales support and/or technical consulting experience, demonstrating exceptional customer relationship skills. BI consulting a plus.
• High degree of IT knowledge and experience. Extensive experience with Windows operating systems and the ability to confidently troubleshoot technical issues.
• Knowledge of SQL and experience working with database applications, such as SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, etc.
• Proficiency in data analysis and the ability to develop creative data presentations through charts and dashboards.
• Bachelor's Degree. Degree in science or engineering preferred.
• Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
Compensation & Benefits
• Competitive base salary depending on experience. Bonus based on number of paid consulting days executed. All travel costs reimbursed.
• The opportunity to get stock options in a fast growing software company.
• Comprehensive company benefits including Health, Dental and 401(k) with company match.
• Other benefits such as HSA account, short-term disability and gym membership allowance.
• Opportunity to work in a fun, friendly, casual environment with good people.
Please submit a cover letter when applying to the Technical Consultant / Pre-Sales Engineer position.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com when applying.